Saturday, January 10, 2009

Was it the movie or is there a spark there?

So, I am not new to blogging, but it has been several years since I have had the desire to write in a blog. A couple of weeks ago I decided that I wanted to start journaling. Today, while watching a movie (actually the stupid commercials prior to the previews), I thought I should start blogging again.

I am pretty sure no one would find my life interesting, so for now I am not publicizing that I have a blog.

Today was a great day, although definitely different than I thought it would be a month ago. I knew I would be going to an alumni event, but I thought it would be for ND and not for a school I actually went to. A little difficult to explain, but as you can imagine there is a guy involved. A little over a month ago, I met a guy who goes to the UT alumni events. The odd thing about that though, he didn't go to UT. As far as I can tell, he isn't even a UT fan. The other day he asked me what a Vol was. I had to laugh as I explained. If I was honest, I haven't a clue what his school mascot is. I mean I know the name, but I don't know what Hokie means. Now after reading the explanation-I am pretty sure that I still can't tell you. I could not imagine finding a guy who likes to watch UT sports that wasn't an SEC fan. I figure moving to a land where basketball is a religion and no SEC schools, I would not date guys who could sit through a UT game without squirming. I went out with a guy last basketball season who could not understand why I wanted to spend my birthday watching the UT-Memphis game. Hello!!! It was #2 playing #1 and definitely a big deal in my book. Luckily, I did get to watch it, after staying up all night the night before for call, coming home late, dressing up for dinner (being upset because reservations weren't made), and rushing home just in time for the start of the game. Well, enough about that-let's get to the new guy. So, it was his idea that we go watch the game! In fact a month ago, he wanted our first date to be watching a UT game and he did not even know I was a Vol fan! There was no game that day and we played putt-putt (which by-the-way is an absolutely fabulous first date even if it is 44 degrees). So today we went to the Alumni Association's viewing of the UT game and watched UT beat Georgia (which is wonderful, since I have spent a good part of my life in Georgia).

After the game, he wanted to take me to a movie that I had been talking about since it was released. At this point, I feel like I should give him a name and since I don't plan to use real names (to protect the innocent), I should make one up. Well, it is late and I can't come up with a good name. I guess I will call him by male pronouns for this post and come up with a good name in the next few posts. So, we went to see Marley and Me. Great movie-I highly recommend it. Now, I am not sure if it is the movie or the fact I am very enamoured with this guy that I have spent the past several weeks with. During the movie, I imagine what my life would be like if it was with him and then I try to imagine it without it and the scary thing is-life seems like it would be very sad without him. Maybe it is the newness of the relationship. Now I am thinking-He can't know about this blog because I am sure the phrase about imagining my life with him would surely scare him away. It has only been five weeks for goodness sakes! I get butterflies when he walks in the room. The last time I felt that way-1998! The phrase-you realize why every other relationship failed seems to be clearer. Now, I am not totally certain that every relationship failed because he is the ONE. I still don't know about that, but what I do know is that he is the first guy since CLB to treat me with respect and has self confidence that doesn't make him freak out about my accomplishments. Maybe he is the reason I am in NC. If I didn't meet him for a long term relationship, he definitely has made me realize that I have been dating losers and I definitely deserve better. Now, I am not saying that all the guys I dated were losers-definitely not the case-although there were a few!

Well, it is late and I need sleep. I am recovering from surgery and in too much pain to think clearly. There is so much to say and yet my ability to organize is impaired by my sleepiness. I am sure I will post more about my new relationship as well as other aspects of my life in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment