Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Benefit of the Doubt?

Today has been a slow day. My pager did not go off, so I was very thankful for that. My ear pain has been a 7/10 for most of the day and my fever has been 100 degrees. My surgery is scheduled for 9:50am tomorrow.

I did not see Heath today, but I talked to him several times on the phone. Tonight he had dinner with his neighbor. I went to the grocery store (note the ear pain and fever) to buy food so I could make dinner for him later in the week. When I told him that I went to the store, he said that he was glad. He said he was giving me the benefit of the doubt that I have been feeling crappy since my last surgery, but that we can't keep going out. Um, excuse me, not once has he offered to make dinner. This is a two way street! Another thing I bet he has not realize yet is my work hours are pretty bad. I have been working a lighter load with the ear surgery and the holidays, but most days I don't get home until 6:00 or 7:00. It takes an hour to an hour and a half to cook dinner and a half an hour to eat. He likes to be home by 7:30 and he lives 30 minutes away. I guess we will have to figure out a schedule. Cooking every night will not work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment