Monday, January 12, 2009

Is Bipolar Disorder real?

It is has been a rough day! It was a rough day at work and one I would rather forget. I am happy that I am able to spend the majority of tomorrow at home tomorrow. I am still unable to fly, so Asheville is still on hold. I miss Asheville, though.

My mother is coming tomorrow, so she can go with me on Wednesday for my ear procedure. While I dread all things dealing with my ear, I am not totally against this visit. The pain in my ear the past two days has been excruciating and my fear is that something may be wrong. I would go to the Emergency Department, but cost and the knowledge that they would look in my ear keeps me from going.

I went to dinner with Heath tonight. We went to Hardee's, which I will admit was not really what I wanted, but I could not think of anything to eat. I had originally wanted to cook but between the throbbing pain of my ear and the late day at work, a trip to the store did not happen. I need to start cooking for Heath. I can tell he is getting irritated at eating out every night. Tomorrow night he is having dinner at his neighbor's house. I am invited, but they are having shrimp. Skipping it seems like the most appropriate action, since I won't be able to eat the meal.

Heath said something shocking on the way to dinner-there is no such thing as bipolar disorder. I did not give him much time to explain it after he said it. Later on the phone he explained he meant that many people say they have it when they don't and use it as an excuse. He says he believes me that bipolar disorder exists, but I don't know if I believe that he believe that. He wants to know why I think it is so important. Um, I don't know, could it be because that I treat mental illness for a living! I would like my significant other to believe what I do to be important. Given my last post, I think it might be important that he believe depression is an actual disorder too. I guess time will tell. I have been in relationships where the guy did not believe in mental illness and where the guy did not believe in medicine and I can tell you those relationships did not work too well.

Heath did say something sweet tonight on the phone. He said he missed me last night. He left around 6:00pm yesterday to finish up work and to let me catch up on work. We talked off and on all evening, but he said he still missed me. I guess he probably did want me to come over. Maybe I will make it to Raleigh in the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment