Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm committed

Heath called today around 11:30am and wanted to come over. Apparently he is unfazed by the events of yesterday. He said he was too sick to work, so he came over to my house to lay on the couch and take a conference call. I have been sick since last Tuesday and he just noticed! We did run by Bed, Bath, and Beyond so I could pick up my ottoman. This trip didn't spawn any fights about name changing, although I am sure that topic is far from dead. I told my mother about the argument. She thinks he might equate name changing with commitment and the unwillingness to change my name means I would not be committed. Believe me, since I don't believe in divorce, getting married is a pretty big commitment. If name changing is needed for commitment, I guess he could always change his.

Today is MLK day, however I did not do much to commemorate it. Usually, I will turn on the ecumenical service or watch something on CSPAN-today I did absolutely nothing. I did think about CLB a lot. One of our most memorable dates occurred on MLK day. I have been thinking about CLB a more lately. I think I may have figured it out this evening-someone has come into my life who is very like him and I find that very scary. Not in the sense that I want him to be like CLB, but afraid that he will be. I will have to remind myself that they are different and just because CLB did what he did, doesn't mean the same path will be taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment