Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I am exhausted

I had more ear surgery today and spent most of the afternoon in bed. The ear is doing better, but it is not healing as fast as we had hoped. I will not be flying to Asheville for at least another month.

I talked to Heath on the phone this afternoon. He thought I was cooking dinner this evening. Did he miss the part where I was having surgery this morning??? Specifically in the discharge instructions, the nurse told me I was not to cook. I told him that, but he did not believe me. He then pondered about do they tell men not to shoot guns and do they also tell men not to cook. Well, I am pretty sure they tell everyone not to cook and they tell you not to do anything you would not do drunk. I found his statements kind of sexist. He also said that he wanted to go eat at Moe's tomorrow night. Hello?!? I was making meatloaf because you said you did not want to go out anymore. The meat is in the freezer and even if he wants meatloaf there is no way it will be thawed. At some point this gender role discussion will have to be addressed.

I have a full clinic tomorrow and I am not looking forward to it. I have my first intake clinic in the morning with 4 new patients and then my geriatric clinic with 5 return patients. Mentally I do not know if I am ready for clinic, but as long as I am not in pain and not crying I should be able to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment