Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lava Lounge

I am delighted to hear that my blog was a topic of discussion at a dinner tonight. That means I have readers! :) That also puts the pressure on to make it much more interesting.

I don't have too much to say due to spending most of the day in bed recovering from call. I did go to a cool restaurant for dinner called City Beverage. I pass by it everyday, but have never tried it. Heath stopped by after work and suggested we go there. On the sign, it described itself as a Lava Lounge. The atmosphere was pretty neat. It was retro 60's style with lots of pictures on the walls and flowers hanging from the ceiling. The food was pretty good-I had a Turkey Burger with Brie and Apples on it. I also ordered a Manhattan, which was definitely the type of drink that belonged at this place. The menu offered many things I would love to try with the exception of rabbit sausage. I told Heath if he ordered it, then I was leaving. He got pork enchiladas, which looked very delicious. It is a place I definitely want to revisit, although I am not sure Heath was too impressed. They did have a pool table in one of the rooms, so maybe it won't be too difficult to convince him to return.

I also learned that Heath listens to Prairie Home Companion, which he can describe perfectly, but doesn't have a clue where I got the name Wobegon. I am a bit confused about that one.

I also spent the evening downloading questions for my new Trivial Pursuit game. Heath refuses to play Trivial Pursuit because he says he doesn't like the topics. I let him help me pick out categories, so he better play now. The topic of 90's music does not sound appealing to me. I guess we will wait and see. I know Flower will always be up for a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment