Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Era

I dug my car out of the snow and am all ready to see my 8:00am patients. Well, maybe not mentally. Luckily, I was not called into work today. I was tired from all the not sleeping since the surgery and the large amount of stress I am feeling, so I laid down and took a nap and I do believe I slept for 3 hours straight! Of course, I missed the Inaugural parade and my best friend, Yvette's phone call. I probably would have slept until tomorrow morning if Heath hadn't called when apparently I was in a state between dreaming and could actually hear the phone. He had a phone call to China tonight and snow is keeping him on his side of town. I probably won't get to see him for several days.

The Inauguration was magnificent. I'm watching the Inaugural balls right now and the President and First Lady are just so cute! You can tell that they are in love. There were pictures from when they first started dating and they were such a cute couple-and they still seem to be acting that way now. I know I am a hopeless romantic. So back to the Inauguration, I have watched them all, with the exception of Ronald Reagan in 1981. I may have watched it, but I don't recall (I was 2). From about the age of 8 years old I wanted to be President, so I was always fascinated by the Inauguration. I am always nervous about the transfer of power, even though I know this has happened 44 times, it is still scary. I am hopeful about the new administration. After 8 years, the US is ready for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment