Saturday, January 17, 2009

Horrible, Horrible Call

Last night's call was horrible. Three direct admits came with absolutely no information except for "depression, si." The ED was packed with patients which were consulted on. When call began, 5 patients were being admitted from clinic and one turned out to be kind of complicated. The intern I was on with ROCKED! I have been on with her before and she is awesome at seeing and doing dispo for patients. Call was probably made worse by the pain from my ear and my cold, but I was too busy to dwell on that. I did get two bathroom breaks and 3 minutes to eat a sandwich while I typed a note. When 8:30am (time when the new crew takes over), we had three patients left to see and I had a few notes to finish. I was paged at 8:00 to be scolded about not have a h&p. She had a bed and was not the top priority of the night. I did see her earlier in the evening, made sure she was okay, and tried calling her mother a few times. I left between 10-10:30. I got home around 11:00 and was able to sleep for about 3 hours.

Heath called and wanted to go out. I had left something in my office and needed to go back to the hospital. We stopped by there, then got a bite to eat and rented movies. One movie was very cute (romantic comedy), of course Heath was on his computer the whole time and only set it down for the scene in the strip joint. Then we watched a horror flick (yes, I love bad horror movies-don't judge me). He didn't like it, but I thought it was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment