Saturday, February 14, 2009

Lovely Valentine's Day

So I am on call on Valentine's Day. It isn't too bad, but I do wish Heath would surprise me. I know the likelihood of that is one in a trillion. Especially since his actions spoke loud and clear this morning. I forgot my badge and only realized in after arriving to work with 5 minutes to spare-it takes 45 minutes round trip on a Saturday to get my badge, so there was no way I could get. I though about ways to get it and I thought "Heath doesn't have plans today, I will call him," so that is what I did. He was not happy about the wake-up call with his girlfriend crying on the line. I told him what happened and unfortunately he didn't volunteer to help, in fact he refused to do it. I would have paid for gas, bought him breakfast, but no luck. I did find another way to get the badge, but the whole day, I was upset about his actions. When you don't lend a helping hand to those you supposedly care about, can one really say they care about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment