Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bad Day

Today was not a great day. Two of my patients became very ill today and a third went into hospice. I also learned that my clinic is double-booked for several days in the upcoming weeks. I was asked to help teach a course in Evidence-Based Medicine. I'm not sure if I will do it yet.

Heath cancelled our dinner tonight. He had a phone call and his neighbor, who was coming, had to go to a funeral.

They announced they are laying off people in our department. It is scary to see that not even medicine is safe from the bad economy. The money problem has caused the clinics to be way too busy. We have the lowest no show rate for any department. It is sad that you could be this busy and your clinic is still losing money. I don't think I will be going into private practice-it is too stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment